- I take my shoes off before entering someone's living room.
- I greet everyone with, Good morning, Fine morning; You are welcome; or How is the day?
- I have extended my family.
- I still enjoy a family dinner each night, but it includes anyone who might happen to be around. Everyone is invited to eat.
- I shake hands with everyone, even if I know them.
- When in a group, I shake hands from right to left.
- I say Good evening! instead of Hello. Along the same lines, I always greet someone and ask of their family before I begin a conversation.
- I wave only with my right hand.
- I am culturally sensitive in regards to my dress.
- All the typical cultural activities, like dancing, drumming, eating and clothing.
The list seems small, as I know I've adopted other bits of Ghana into my identity. Perhaps I'll watch the list grow as time goes on.
|Pounding fufu with Auntie Akua.|